Advertisement

Sunday 25 October 2015

Restoran Fend Ikan Bakar @ SS6, Kelana Jaya

If you like your Ikan Bakar to be tongue-numbing spicy, then I am pretty sure you would like Fend Ikan Bakarat Kelana Jaya. Before they establised themselves in a shop lot, they used to operate with a van-cum-stall and were already very popular with the locals.
ikan-bakar-set
Ikan keli, ikan pari, tilapia, ikan kembung and siakap are only some of the available items you could choose from. Typically, a set that comes with rice, curry and sambal cost in the region of RM6 to RM7. I think the curry is meant for those who couldn’t handle the spicy food, as the spiciness is very much toned down compared to the sambal with an appetizing and sourish taste.

ikan-pari-set
A piece of advice here, try to negotiate for the meatier cut of pari (and avoid the flat ones) to reduce the possibility of getting burnt parts. The marination of the fish is excellent and goes very well with the spicy sambal (I liked this a lot) but it’s a shame they overcooked and burnt the bottom of my fish.
Since I sat right in front of the kitchen counter I could get a good view of the other grilled fish the other patrons had. From what I saw, I think I was the only unlucky person to receive a burnt one lol. The other tables seemed to get their fish nicely cooked, damn.
lemon-blue
One of the more funky drinks here, Lemon Blue @ RM2.50. A refreshing, chilling drink with a zesty finish filled with chewy biji selasih and slurpy jellies.
fend-satay
They also serve satay here at 60 cents a stick if not mistaken. Not bad at all but I found the satay sauce to be a bit too oily for my liking.
fend-ikan-bakar-restaurant
Fend Ikan Bakar actually got most of the things right like the marination and sauce but I just hope they could be more careful in grilling the fishes, especially when it comes to stingray that gets burnt easily due to their delicate flesh. In terms of pricing I find them to be fair and I would happily return again to try the other types of grilled fish.
Restoran Fend Ikan Bakar
Jalan SS6/20A, Dataran Glomac,
Kelana Jaya
GPS Coordinates: N3 06.144 E101 35.977

1 comment: